Friday, March 03, 2006

A test of loyalty in friendship

Friendship. When I say the word, there would be a few people whom will automatically appear in my head. These people are the ones who I hold close to my heart, whom I hold in very high regard, the people I turn to when I’m in distress. Friendship to me is very important to have a good and peaceful life, not to mention joyous as well.

But, what happens when your friendship is tested to the very last hurdle? Where you struggle to control your inner beast, where it makes the green monster in you want to appear and wreck everything in your path without any thought? What happens when all that you think about is “I had enough!” and all you want to do is have nothing in common?

When you have a friend whom you have known for three years, whom have faced the ups and downs together, whom have been by each others side when needed, it does not necessarily promise that you will stay as close as that in the years to come. I don’t think that anyone can promise to stay friends forever. Coz for me, whoever says such a thing is trying to promise something that they cannot keep.

What happens when in the years to come, one of you betray the other? This person, whom you have been in close contact with for so long, suddenly breaks your heart and has no feeling of regret in them?

It’s sad that there are such situations happening today. You just don’t expect such things to happen in your life. Inside, you just can’t believe that the person you considered a good friend would do such a thing. Man.. It’s so sad.

Yes, we know that friendship is incomplete without its ups and downs. We usually take the downs as something positive, and we rise up to become a better person inside out. But, we must remember that we are all still human. A human with feelings and needs.

“For a wound needs time to heal, but once it heals it doesn’t guarantee it will leave no scar”

However we try to heal a wounded heart, what makes you think the damage of a scar is not left behind? When things happen, it’s practically hard to be forgotten. The hurt will still linger, the amount of pain still remembered. Usually, with these hurts and pains people use as experience in the future. If a friend betrays you, it would be very hard to gain back their trust. There will always be a barrier. Nothing will ever be the same again. A fact of life we should all remember.

Oh how I wish such situations don’t exist. How I wish I could change the things happening in this cruel world. Yes, it is a cruel world isn’t it.

YaAllah, please help us. You are the only one who can save us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like that post? Please share your thoughts