Monday, January 02, 2012

Starting 2012 with a Huge Burden on My Shoulders

Assalamualaikum WRT WBT

Ok, let me get the cobwebs out of the way. Oh my, there's a heap of dust. Vacuum! And the pile of used paper -- ok, in the recycle bin! *dust* *dust* *dust*. Alright, all done.

Heya folks. Im BACK! Sorry for such a lengthy 'vacation'. This time, there's no concrete excuse to why Ive been ignoring my blog. Sorry blog. Sorry avid readers (as if I have any).

Let me start by wishing everyone Happy 2012. Although it doesnt really feel that different (unless you make it different). Lots of people welcomed 2012 with friends, going out doing God knows what. Others went to majlis ilmu, prayed and made the best for the beginning of the new year. Me? I celebrated with my pillow, in bed. Which is why I wasn't very grateful for the fireworks from 12.00a.m. to 12.30a.m.

I remember last year, on the night before new years, a bunch of friends and I, with IKRAM Youth Johor went out to JB as the task force for preventing unwanted maksiat. We went to Danga Bay, Dataran Bandaraya to give out leaflets about "turning a new leaf". This year? Hehe.. Everyone was kinda busy. And since the grown-ups had another programme, we didnt have the guts to go venture out without our bodyguards.

This new year, Im not going to say that I have new resolutions. It has never been a practice of mine to list out what I want to accomplish in the new year. Maybe I should start. Even so, I dont think Im going to list them out here. Hehe.. that part is private. I would just appreciate it if everyone can pray for me, and pray that I will always have the enthusiasm and will power to strive for the things on my list.

I have to say that there might be some major changes to my studies. A week ago, my supervisor asked me to think about switching research areas i.e. switch from Educational Technology to Engineering Education. I haven't really made up my mind just yet. I need Allah's guidance on that. But this change is very much relevant to the research I am doing. I find myself better understanding the research when I focus on engineering education. I see the big picture. I see where the research is going. Yet, I haven't decided. Because the cons of changing faculties is that I will have to attend more classes, AND I'd have to extend another semester before I can go thru my proposal defense. But, if Im being honest with myself, even if I dont decide to change my area of research, let's face it, its not like I am ready to present my proposal this semester anyway. I'm practically lost just trying to understand the tons of educational theories, minus the other parts of the research I have to cover.

So I attach the doa for Solat Istikharah for everyone. May it be a doa everyone can use and practice every time we have to decide on things in life.



0h Allah, I ask of You the good through Your knowledge and I ask You to grant me ability through Your power and beg Your favour of infinite bounty, for surely, You have power and I have none, You know all and I know nothing and You are the Knower of all that is hidden. 0h Allah if in Your knowledge, this matter be good for my faith (Din), my livelihood and the consequences of my affairs in the world and the Hereafter, then ordain it for me and facilitate it from me and grant me blessing in it. But, if in Your knowledge this matter is bad for my faith, my livelihood and the consequences of my affairs in the world and the Hereafter, then turn it away from me and turn me away from it and ordain for me the good wherever it be, and cause me to be pleased with it.

That is what's on my shoulders at the beginning of 2012. Like it or not, a decision must be made in a couple of days. So here goes. Pray for me.

2 comments:

  1. hope you get to make a decision soon..apa2 pun hope the decision will bring good consequences (just remember 'good' consequences may not seem good at first)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God only gave his servant the burden according to ability, so stay confident with the prayer was that He (God) will give you the best. May God always protect you in every place and a good time.

    ReplyDelete

Did you like that post? Please share your thoughts