Monday, April 19, 2010

Jaulah to Singapore

Assalamualaikum WRT WBT

I guess this would be the best time to do a little update. Im not really sure how to start, since so much has been happening.

1st: Jaulah to Singapore

Alhamdulillah, a few weeks back, Kelab Belia JIM (KBJ), whom are the main activists for the Jom Jadi Bijak (JJB) Campaign were given the opportunity to do a jaulah to our neighboring country. The last time I myself went to Singapore (according to my passport) was 2 years ago. Itu pun pegi Changi je, to fetch Aliya. The last official holiday to Singapore was with the family. I think it was in 1995 or something. Haha. So this trip was somewhat a treat.

One of the reasons why this jaulah was organised, was to open opportunities for both countries to combine forces in doing dakwah. One of the stops we made was to Masjid Kg Siglap, one of the many thriving mosques in Singapore.

Anyways, that aside, I'd have to say that we had a blast. Although the day started out with heavy rain.. and it didnt really stop thru the whole day, but alhamdulillah it wasnt one of those terribly hot and humid days. If not, it would have certainly given me a headache and dampen my experience.

Ok, so picture time! :P

Me inside an underground pathway beside this very unique piece of art made out of threads.




Half of the gang at Little India

Me with Kak Ita at the "Durian" Building.

Nearly the whole bunch with the Singapore skyline

At the end of the day, we arrived back in Malaysia at around 8.30pm. Alhamdulillah, back at home ground. Hehe. AND it was still raining! 

But among the things I learned from this trip was that the KBJ group consists of the most unique people I have ever had the opportunity to know. We are a bunch who stick together, who are one family rather than just a typical team in an organisation. I am blessed to be working alongside each and everyone of them. Thank you Allah for allowing me the chance to fullfill my obligations as a Muslim with these people.

YaAllah, give us strength in our hearts to always be in this path and grant us Your Rahmah in everything we do. Please accept all our sacrifices as hard work as ibadah.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like that post? Please share your thoughts